Thursday, April 26, 2012

Actually April - Stop speaking in Spanish, please. No one knows what you're saying.

Another great thing about being home: This and a few emails are the only things I've have typed in a week.
So today was great.  I introduced pepitas to my mother.  She couldn't stop asking what they were.  She started dissecting the meaning of the word pepita, asking my Spanish speaking brother to translate, eating each one very slowly and almost suspiciously.  I guess I should know more about these thing.  I just know they are good!  And they may be Spanish.  I will let you know if my mother's curiosity leads us to an answer.
For lunch today, we did a barbeque chicken salad.  Romaine lettuce, blacks beans, chicken, peppers, tomatoes, onion, with homemade ranch and bbq sauce for dressing.  Notice, very similar ingredients from the salad last night.  But very different tastes.  I think some tortilla chips and some cucumber would have been nice touches.
For dessert, I had what I like to call "Fruit Cereal."  I cut up bananas and strawberries (or whatever fruit you have on hand) and pour half and half on it.  And eat it like cereal.  I can't get over how clever I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment