Thursday, April 5, 2012

Actually April - I is kind, I is smart, I is refusing cheesecake like a boss

Pretend like this is the second of April, and that the first one was April 1st.  Please and thank you.  So today, (April 2nd for those of you who have forgotten already) the second day, I was offered all kinds of terrible things that I said no to.  But the most memorable of all was free cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.  OH my heck.  I was offered raspberry chocolate swirl cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory multiple times.  And I kept saying no.  I ended up having to run out of that kitchen, but not one morsel of it crossed my lips.  I was extremely proud, as you can imagine.  But something even better than pride then crossed my emotion feelers: Fearlessness.  It hit me in that moment: I can actually do this!  No temptation will be greater than that large circle of divinity that taunted me on the stove not an arm's length away, and I resisted it!  So here I am, in a friend's apartment, realizing I can do anything I decide to work towards.  I couldn't be happier that happened so early on, because it took all of the fear and stress and panic out of it.  How positive hard things are for this reason.  I realized I could do it, so I actually am.    It made me realize how many things I have not been able to do in the past only because I have thought that I couldn't.  So no more of that for me.  I will be fearless in working, and grateful in trial.
Here are the take-home lessons:
1.  For anyone who is trying to reach a goal, or is too nervous to even consider thinking a goal is possible, just try it.  Decide.  Imagine the thing that could get you off-track, and imagine yourself withstanding.  I'm telling you, it works.
2.  When you come across  trial in your life, just think about tough you are.  That hard thing is positive for many reasons, one of which is just so you can know how much you are capable of.  You never know what you can do until you are tested.
3.  Cheesecake is great.  But feeling good about myself is greater.  

No comments:

Post a Comment