Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Actually, I'm not making experiment slime. It just looks like I am.

Actually April was wonderful.  It really changed my mind on food.  A month is enough time to get used to something.  My body feels good when I eat real food.  And my mouth isn't miserable either.  So now I just have lost a taste for a lot of food.  Dorito's, not appealing.  Sunny-D, yucky blucky.  I still love Snicker's ice cream bars, and that's just never going away and I have to deal with that.  Which I am well prepared for, or at least a lot more prepared to do.
Here's the main problem with Actually April being over: I have to come up with better titles. But also, I feel like this blog needs a new drive.  So I have decided to show you what I am making for myself.  I will type the recipes on here, and try to use pictures.  The pics won't be the highest quality, but I feel like that just means that I am good at cooking, not photography.  We can't all be great at everything.
Here is something I have hopped on the bandwagon of and have spent May's mornings perfecting.  The one and dreaded..... green smoothie.

Green Smoothies:
  • They look like the Nickelodeon slime.  My brothers are very suspicious of whether or not I was recently hired by the Nickelodeon factory and I am experimenting to create the least radioactive slime.  If you are looking for something that looks appealing, please stop reading now.
  • You always need to use half a banana.  More, all you taste is banana.  Less, all you taste is spinach.  So if you like either of those tastes more than the average human and that's all you want to taste, go for it.  But in those cases, I would be wondering why you're bothering making smoothies instead of just eating the purest form of those things.  Ok, I will proceed.





















1. Green Tropical Smoothie (as shown above):

Half a banana
Half a mango
Whole medium orange
A few handfuls of spinach
Six ice cubes
About 1 cup of original, unsweetened almond milk 

Pop it all together in a blender, and you have smoothie!  


*If you like yours less runny, just add less almond milk
*This recipe made more than what fit in that glass


Some other options that I have made put didn't take pictures of:


2. Green Banana Berry Smoothie:

Half a banana
Small handful of blueberries
Six (or eight or ten) frozen strawberries
Large couple handfuls of spinach
1 cup original, unsweetened almond milk

*This one looks the least like slime.

3. Green Sunshine Smoothie:

Half a banana
Six (or eight or ten) frozen strawberries
Half (or whole) orange
Couple large handfuls of spinach
1 cup original, unsweetened almond milk

4. Green PB and B smoothie:

Whole banana 
2 tablespoons PB
Lots of spinach.  Like pack that blender full.
Six ice cubes
1 cup original, unsweetened almond milk

*I know I said don't use a whole banana.  Just do it on this one.  Because PB is a lot more competitive than the rest of the fruits and actually gives banana a run for its money.
*In this one, you can use more spinach than the others.  The peanut butter and banana combo doesn't let the spinach flavor come through at all.


Ok, there is my green smoothie rant.  Hope y'all enjoyed it.  Start your day off with this, maybe paired with some egg whites.  That's where it's at, folks.  That is where it's at.  




1 comment:

  1. I need to try the berry green smoothie/all of them.....hmmmmmmm SO STOKED FOR FALL!!!! HIYAH!!! :D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete